The Library adheres to the overarching guidelines of the Middle School first and foremost:
- Be kind and respectful
- Be safe and supportive
- Be ready to learn.
- We are safe and kind with each other.
- We are safe and kind with ourselves.
- We take care of our space and our resources.
- We keep our minds open; ready to learn and grow.
Specific Library Policies
Hours and Catalog Access:
The Milton Elementary Middle School Library is here for you! We are open Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm. Our catalog is accessible at any of six designated OPAC computers in the Library. It is also possible to access our catalog from any device with internet access by clicking here.
Food and Drink:
Our resources are to be shared by all in the Milton Town School District community. In order to keep those resources in good shape, we ask that you keep food and drinks outside of the library (bottled water is okay) unless invited to bring food in by a librarian. Please also note that we are a peanut and tree nut free zone.
Cell Phone Use:
Students are not permitted to use cell phones in the Library during the school day. We also ask that faculty/staff refrain from making or taking phone calls in the Library during the school day.
- Students may sign out library books and Nooks every day if they come to the LMC with a pass. (Students in grades 4-8 will be able to sign out Nooks!)
- Students may keep books for up to two weeks.
- K students get one book.
- 1-3 students get two books.
- 4-6 students get 3 books.
- All students may have books over their limit for special projects.
- Overdue notices are sent out to students approximately once a month. We do not charge fines for overdue items which are returned in good shape.
- Lost or destroyed books are the responsibility of the student to replace, pay for, or engage in some other form of restitution as defined and agreed upon with the librarians.